Thursday, April 29, 2010
Look who are we kidding, we all know that we have one breast slightly bigger than the other. And although we hate to admit it , are bras never quite fit correctly. Well, the geniuses at Fruit of the Loom have come up with our solution. The Fruit of the Loom Perfect Pair Bra, ($5 per cup). The idea is to mix and match cups sizes according to your needs. They come is a variety of colors and patterns. Once you find the perfect duo, snap the right-sized cups together at the front, hook the backs, and your good to go.
Monday, April 26, 2010
- Enjoy a performance by the cast of Broadway’s American Idiot at Bloomingdale’s. Customers who spend $200 on men’s or women’s Nudie denim will receive two tickets to the show. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 5pm.
- Meet celebrity hairstylist Sally Hershberger as she celebrates the launch of her hair-care line at Duane Reade. Customers can get a free consultation and styling tips and can enter for a chance to win a free haircut. 131 Eighth Ave., at 16th St.; 4–8.
- Watch the movies that inspired fashion trends at Parsons The New School For Design’s “Fashion in Film: New York City” series. Lypsinka creator John Epperson will introduce Klute. Tishman Auditorium, The New School, 66 W. 12th St., at Sixth Ave. (212-229-5488); 7:30–9:30.
- Attend a Marshalls fashion show hosted by Robert Verdi and Kristen Bell in Union Square. Attendees can play games and will receive keys that may unlock wardrobes full of prizes, while Facebook fans will be entered to win a $5,000 spring wardrobe. Union Square Park, at 14th St.; 12–2.
- Meet celebrity hair and makeup artist Peter Lamas and check out his new Chinese Herbs System line of products. Customers can receive hair consultations and free samples with any purchase. Duane Reade Herald Square, 151 W. 34th St.; Th (11–2 and 5–7). Duane Reade Rockefeller Center, 51 W. 51st St.; F (11–2 and 5–7).
- Get a skin consultation and a complimentary makeunder from Bare Escentuals’ regional artist Alex Pappas. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8:30. Call 212-705-3551 to make an appointment.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
Mark Twain was never a man of fashion, however he was a man of intelligence. Born in 1835 as Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Twain was one of the world's most influential journalist and writer.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
- Meet photographer Roger Ballen at Phaidon. He’ll sign copies of his books Boarding House, Shadow Chamber, and Outland, and limited-edition prints will be available. Refreshments will be served. 100 Wooster St., nr. Spring St. (212-925-1900); 6:30. RSVP to email@example.com.
Watch the movies that inspired fashion trends at Parsons The New School For Design’s “Fashion in Film: New York City” series. Vanity Fair special correspondent Amy Fine Collins will introduce Sabrina. Tishman Auditorium, The New School, 66 W. 12th St., at Sixth Ave. (212-229-5488); 7:30–9:30.
Brooklyn boutique Thistle & Clover celebrates its two-year anniversary by offering a 15 percent friends and family discount on all non-sale merchandise. Shop for vintage-inspired dresses by Eskell and Lewis, and geometric jewelry from Mociun while enjoying food provided by local blog Tiny Test Kitchen. 221 DeKalb Ave., nr. Adelphi St., Fort Greene, Brooklyn (718-855-5577); 5–8. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Head to Barneys for “Trunk-a-Palooza,” an event featuring ten simultaneous trunk shows. Participating labels include 3.1 Phillip Lim, rag & bone, and Alexander Wang, the latter of whom will make an appearance. Limited-edition pieces will be available, and a D.J. will be spinning. 660 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-826-8900); 2–8.
Celebrate Chanel at What Goes Around Comes Around as co-founders Seth Weisser and Gerard Maione showcase rare vintage Chanel pieces they are now selling. 351 West Broadway, nr. Broome St. (212-343-1225); 7pm.
- Shop new wedding gowns and more than 300 vintage day and evening dresses from the twenties to the eighties at Vintage Thrift’s one-day shopping event. 286 Third Ave., nr. 22nd St. (212-871-0777); 5–8. Admission is $5 and is good towards the purchase of any dress.
Stop by the Khirma Eliazov trunk show at Henri Bendel to meet the designer behind the line of handbags. Henri Bendel, 712 Fifth Ave., nr. 56th St. (212-247-1100); Th–M (10–8).
- Enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at the launch of the St. John Jeans collection. 665 Fifth Ave., nr. 54th St. (212-755-5252); 4–7.
- Meet models Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, and Candice Swanepoel at the launch of Victoria’s Secret’s new Heavenly Flowers scent. Shoppers who spend $35 or more will get the models’ autographs, a flower bouquet inspired by the scent, and mother/daughter makeovers, while the first 500 shoppers will get a fragrance rolette ball. 591 Broadway, nr. Prince St., 12–3.
Save on prom dresses at eDressMe’s Prom Extravaganza Sale. Dresses from Jessica McClintock, Betsey Johnson, and more will be up to 90 percent off, and shoppers can enter for the chance to win a free dress. 325 W. 38th St., nr. Eighth Ave., penthouse; 10–6.