Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Frames come in either high-grade stainless steel or 18-carat gold. Features include a 5-megapixel camera and 3G. The Versace Unique will be available in Versace boutiques next month. So start saving up!
- Per-fékt founder Richard Anderson will be on-site at Henri Bendel to provide one-on-one beauty consultations. Book an appointment and receive a complimentary mini-tube of Skin Perfection Gel. 712 Fifth Ave., at 56th St. (212-247-1100); 12–6. Call 212-904-7911 to book an appointment.
- Stock up on summer essentials like safari prints and khaki shorts and receive a free zebra-print towel with any Y.E.S. purchase of $200 or more. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
- Elle and Clinique team up to share their tips for skin care and makeup. Spend $50 and take home a free eye-shadow brush. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8:30. Call 212-705-2879 to book an appointment.
- Meet Judith Haas as she presents her jewelry collection during a trunk show at Henri Bendel. 712 Fifth Ave., at 56th St. (212-247-1100); 10–8. (5/27–5/29)
- Meet Giorgio Armani’s premier face designer, Portia Peters, and learn about Armani’s summer makeup line. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8:30.
“Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til
they find someone just as wild to run with them.”
- Sex and the City
Thursday, May 20, 2010
This summer along with the LDB (little black dress) every girl should have a little white dress! I have always been too afraid to wear a white dress and I wouldn't say I was clumsy but accidents to occur and white is a truly unforgiving color. And we all know once white is stained it takes a miracle to remove it. However this Spring/Summer fashion lovers all over the world including myself are throwing our caution to the wind and wearing white! And you should too! Pair it with colored heels, funky tights or leggings, wear it with a jeweled belt; you can play up this trend and make it your own.
"Elegance is a question of personality, more than one's clothing."
Jean Paul Gaultier is a French Haute Couture fashion designer. Known for producing sculptured costumes for Madonna during the nineties including that infamous cone-bra for her Blond Ambition Tour. Gaultier's fashion has always caused mouths to drop, using unconventional models for his exhibitions, like older men and full-figured women, pierced and heavily tattooed models, and by playing with traditional gender roles in the shows. This earned him both criticism and enormous popularity. Let's just say he isn't afraid of the unknown and in fashion you mustn't fear but search for the unknown.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Supermodel Claudia Schiffer gave birth to a girl on Friday in London. This is Schiffer's third child with film producer husband Matthew Vaughan whom she married in 2002. The health baby girl, who's name will be revealed in the coming week joins seven years old Caspar and five years old Clementine. Congratulation Claudia!
- Head over to the Makeup Show NY 2010 for seminars, workshops, and forums with the industry’s leading artists and brands, including M.A.C., Smashbox, L’Oréal, and more. Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 9–6. Tickets range from $45 to $80 and may be purchased at themakeupshow.org.
- Drop by the Victoria’s Secret PINK store as Yankee Mark Teixeira and model Chanel Iman introduce the newest additions to the VS PINK MLB collection. The first 75 shoppers will score a free PINK Yankees tee with any MLB collection purchase and the chance to take a photo with Teixeira and Iman. 565 Broadway, at Prince St. noon–1.
- Reserve pieces from Nina Ricci’s fall 2010 collection during her trunk show at Barneys. 660 Madison Ave., second fl., at 61st St. (212-826-8900); 10–6.
- Learn to perfect the bronzed summer look at the Laura Mercier master class. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8:30. Call 212-705-2505 to book an appointment.
- Enjoy specials discounts on shoes, complimentary makeup consultations, and a free gift at Bloomingdale’s Mad About Shoes event. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8:30.
- In honor of the Sex and the City 2 premiere, DecadesTwo and HauteLook are co-hosting a pop–up closet where visitors may scoop up both vintage designer favorites and pieces from the film. Follow DecadesTwo on Twitter for location and time details. (Going on until Saturday 5/22)
- Stock up on products from Bare Escentuals, Stila, and Philosophy when Beauty.com and AtHisBest.com host a free giveaway of men’s and women’s beauty samples. One-on-one consultations will also be offered. 59th St. and Fifth Ave.; Th, 8–7. 13th St. and Ninth Ave.; F, 10–6.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Genius! Genius! Genius! Mai Couture has come up with a spectacular products! First the 2 in 1 Oil Blotting Bronzing Paper, which is a lightly powdered bronzing paper. It eliminates oil and has just the right amount of shimmer to give you a glowing complexion and enhance your natural color.
Next is the Blush Papier! It's simple, no mess and no fuss. This is regular blush without the germ filled and sometimes expensive brush. Blush Papier come in 3 colors: Uptown, Sunset and Prettyful.