- Thistle & Clover welcomes new talent from the New York City area at its quarterly open call. Designers should bring their collection, linesheets, and a brief bio. 221 DeKalb Ave., nr. Clermont Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn (718-855-5577); 11–7. To schedule an appointment, e-mail email@example.com.
- Celebrate twenty years of Vera Wang with the designer at Bloomingdale’s, and take home an autographed picture frame when you spend $250 in Vera Wang Tabletop during the event. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6pm. Call 212-705-3340 to RSVP.
- Shop for men’s, women’s, and children’s vintage designer clothing, shoes, and accessories at the Posh sale. All proceeds will benefit Lighthouse International, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping those challenged by vision loss. 111 E. 59th St., nr. Lexington Ave. (212-821-9445); W (4–8), Th–S (11–7), Su (11–5). Tickets, $175 for Wednesday’s sneak preview and $10 for daily tickets, can be purchased at poshsale.org.
- Stop by the nail bar at the Chanel beauty counter during the two-day long Le Vernis Nail Colour event and receive a complimentary mini-manicure with the shade of your choice. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); F (10–8:30), S (11–7).
- Head to Ted Gibson Salon for their Sex and the City Blowout Party. Mention Sex and the City when you book a party of four or more to get deals like free Champagne, 15 percent off blowouts, and styling discounts. Ted Gibson Salon, 184 Fifth Ave., nr. 23rd St., second fl. (212-633-6333); M–F (10–9), S (9–6).
- Drop by Sephora Times Square to meet tokidoki creator Simone Legno, who will be there to celebrate the launch of his new tokidoki beauty collection. The first 200 shoppers to make a tokidoki purchase of $25 or more will receive a free gift. Sephora Times Square, 1500 Broadway, nr. 43rd St. (212-944-6789); 12–3.
- Macy’s celebrates the launch of Calvin Klein’s X Underwear collection with spokesmodel Kellan Lutz. Shoppers who make any Calvin Klein men’s underwear purchase may have their photo taken with the Twilight star. 151 W. 34th St., at Broadway (212-695-4400); 2pm.
- Join Kae Burke of Make Fun Studio for Creative Art Making, a DIY workshop that teaches participants how to design and create their own Brooklyn-chic accessories. Martha A. and Robert S. Rubin Pavilion at the Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Pkwy., at Washington Ave., Prospect Heights, Brooklyn (718-501-6409); 2–4. Reservations ($15) must be made in person at the museum’s visitor center.
- Brides- and grooms-to-be can learn about skin care, intimates designers, and makeup trends while completing their registries at 10 percent off during Bloomingdale’s “Couple’s Day Out.” 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 4–7. Call 212-705-3340 to schedule an appointment.