Monday, June 28, 2010
- MONDAY 6.28
Get $65 haircuts and $35 blow-dries at Mizu, where all proceeds will benefit HAIRraising, an initiative that raises funds for the Children’s Hospital of Boston. The day will end with a cocktail party featuring drinks from Ty Ku and hors d’oeuvres by London Lennie’s. Special guest Molly Sims will also make an appearance. 505 Park Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-688-6498); 8–6 (haircuts and blowdries), 6–9 (cocktail party). To book an appointment, e-mail mailto:email@example.com To RSVP for the cocktail party, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TUESDAY 6.29
BCBGeneration hosts the first installment of StyleCaster’s summer concert series, featuring an open bar and music from Beach Fossils and Mick Boogie. Santos Party House, 96 Lafayette St., at Walker St. (212-584-5492); 9–11. To RSVP, add StyleCaster as a friend on Facebook.
- WEDNESDAY 6.30
Preview the fall collection from Lela Rose during a trunk show at Bergdorf Goodman. 754 Fifth Ave., nr. 58th St. (212-753-7300); 12–4.
- THURSDAY 7.1
Chat with Alexa Galler of Eighteenth, Heather Klar, and Xing Xu of Kallisti during We the People’s “Meet the Designers” series. Guests will also receive 10 percent off purchases throughout the evening. 156 Stanton St., nr. Suffolk St. (212-533-1091); 6–8.
Through 7.4 Check out organic nail polishes and scented nail polish removers during Karma Organic’s trunk show at Henri Bendel. 712 Fifth Ave., at 56th St. (212-247-1100); 10–8.
Through 7.11 Bring in a gently worn pair of shoes to Puma stores nationwide and, no matter what brand or style, receive 30 percent off a new pair of sneakers and 15 percent off at any outlet store. All donations benefit Soles4Souls, a group that provides footwear to those in need around the world. 521 Broadway, nr. Spring St. (212-334-7861); M-Th (10-8), F-S (10-9), Su (11-7). 22 Union Sq. West, nr. 16th St. (212-206-7761); M–S (10–8); Su (11–7).
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Do you believe in soul mates? If you do or if you don't who cares! All you should care about is having the perfect heel on your favorite shoes. The AMAZING people at Sole Mates have created what fashionistas have been dreaming of since Carrie Bradshaw first step out of the cab wearing Manolo Blahnik's! Don't you hate when the heel on your shoe becomes worn out and you have to get them fix or else you'll be walk with a limp! Well for $9.95 you never have to worry about that. "The SoleMates High Heeler attaches easily to most stiletto and kitten heels. By increasing the surface area on the base of the heel, it reduces the pressure on this area and prevents the heel from sinking into grass or falling into cracks!" I am ordering mine now and you should too!
Menswear Designer of the Year
Accessory Designer of the Year
Swarovski Award for Womenswear
Swarovski Award for Menswear
Swarovski Award for Accessory Design
Monday, June 7, 2010
Tracy Reese Friends & Family Sample Sale! 260 W. 39th Street, 15th Floor, NYC
3-8pm, Public Sale: June 8th & 9th 9am-7pm Sizes 0-12.
L.A.M.B. + Harajuku Lovers Handbag Sample Sale 307 W. 38th St., NYC 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm; Friday June 11th 10:00 am to 6:00pm.
Hours: Tuesday, 6/8: 9am-6:30pm; Wednesday, 6/9: 10am-8pm; Thursday, 6/10: 10am-7pm and Friday 6/11: 9am-3pm
June 8-10, 11AM to 7PM. Features up to 75% off items plus $5 fashion bins.
#3 Scarlett Johansson in Stella McCartney at MTV Movie Awards 2010
- Learn to protect your skin and maintain your summer glow from La Prairie’s experts. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 5–7. For reservations, call 212-705-3133.
- Forever 21 celebrates the opening of its Times Square flagship and the launch of new web series To Be a Star with a fashion show with Smashbox Cosmetics. The Frying Pan, Pier 66, West Side Hwy., at 26th St. (212-362-4453); 7–9:30. For more information, e-mail Veronica@tobeastar.com.
- Mai Flores will be on-site to present her jewelry collection at Henri Bendel. 712 Fifth Ave., at 56th St. (212-247-1100); 10–8 (until 6/9).
- Celebrate Fashion Footwear Association of New York’s 30th anniversary at the New York Shoe Expo with a celebration at Rouge Tomate. 10 E. 60th St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-751-6422); 6:30–9. Tickets cost $50 and may be purchased by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Drop by Henri Bendel to meet famed hairstylist Ric Pipino as he debuts his newest collection of hair products, Revolution in Cut. 712 Fifth Ave., at 56th St. (212-247-1100); 11–7.
- Meet Lubov and Max Azria and Adam Lippes at the Whitney Art Party, a benefit to support the Independent Study Program and the museum’s educational initiatives. 82 Mercer St., nr. Spring St. (646-291-6277); 8–1. Tickets range from $250 to $400 and may be purchased at whitneyartparty.org.
- Stop by the Brooklyn Museum for a runway show highlighting emerging and established Brooklyn designers with looks inspired by the “American High Style” exhibit. The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion. Beaux-Arts Court, Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Pkwy., at Washington Ave., Prospect Heights, Brooklyn (718-501-6409); 11–4:30.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Next Monday is the 2010 CFDA Awards, this award show is also known as the 'Fashion Academy Awards'. Designer, models and writers are all recognized by The Council of Fashion Designers of America for the work they've done this year. Here are all the nominees and honorees:
- EDUN debuts its pre-fall menswear collection with a performance by Rock Steady Crew and a viewing of the trailer for Bouncing Cats, a documentary featuring Breakdance Project Uganda (BPU). The first 100 guests to make any EDUN purchase will take home a special-edition BPU tee, and 10 percent of sales will be donated to BPU. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
- Celebrate the launch of MadeinMidtown.org with the CFDA and Design Trust’s “Made in Midtown,” a daylong exhibit that focuses on the importance of the garment district to New York’s fashion industry. Port Authority Pop-up Space, Eighth Ave., at 41st St.; 10 a.m.
- Learn how to organize your makeup bag and simplify your beauty routine with a personalized lesson from industry pro Trish McEvoy. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 49th St. (212-753-4000); 5:30 or 6:45. Reservations are $150, redeemable in Trish McEvoy products throughout the evening. Call 212-940-2274 to reserve a spot.
- Drop by Phaidon to celebrate the release of Andy Warhol Catalogue Raisonné, Volume 3: Paintings and Sculptures 1970-1974. 83 Wooster St., nr. Spring St. (212-925-1900); 6:30pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Models will showcase Marc Jacobs’s fur collection during a trunk show at Bloomingdale’s. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 1–4.
- Shoes, sneakers, and accessories will be 20 percent off during the grand opening of JUMBO, a pop-up shop from JUMP Footwear and Nos Boutique. Front St., at Jay St., Dumbo, Brooklyn (718-422-0095); 6:30–10.
- Head over to Oak for a party to celebrate Obey’s new summer collection, which includes a limited-edition Obey/A.OK T-shirt. 208 N. 28th St., nr. Driggs Ave., Williamsburg (718-782-0521); 6–9.
- Purchase any two products at the Intelligent Nutrients Facial Event and receive a free 45-minute INfacial. Barneys, 660 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-826-8900); 10–6. Call 212-833-2508 to RSVP.
- Discover handmade jewelry, organic tees, and accessories from over 300 indie craft, art, and design talents at the Renegade Craft Fair. Etsy, Lotta Jansdotter, and BurdaStyle will lead workshops in sewing, printing, and more. McCarren Park, Bedford Ave., at N. 12th St., Williamsburg; 11–7.