I live for fashion moments like these! In the September issue of Harper's Bazaar, stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe is photographed in compromising positions with Francisco Costa, Brian Atwood, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors and Vera Wang! In this editorial titled "I Die" by Douglas Friedman, each designer is shown trying to murder the reality star for their own selfish reasons. As the title says, "I die" for this moment!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
She is woman! Hear her ROAR! Dame Elizabeth Taylor is La Joie de la Mode's Style Legend for the day. Taylor was born Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor on February 27, 1932 in Hampstead, London. Taylor, is not only an amazing actress but she also has a very successful perfume and jewelry line. Known for her violet color eyes and her many marriages, Taylor also devotes her life to AIDS related charities. Legends like Dame Elizabeth Taylor are not created in, they are born!
Monday, August 23, 2010
So, if you have been living under a rock, never opened a magazine or haven't been in the subway in a year then you have not seen these funky Diesel ad's. 'Be Stupid' is the general motto of the campaign; basically live life with no regrets. And looking at these ad's, um... you can make your assumptions.
WTF! The Snazzy Napper? This contraction is a soft light weight sleep shield. The manufacturers say the Napper blocks out distracting light and is perfect for travel or just taking a nap in your car. For $14.99 you can get the original version and for $10 more you can get the extra large version that is also a blanket. So, what do you think?
- Check out the fall collection from Giambattista Valli during a trunk show at Bergdorf Goodman. 754 Fifth Ave., nr. 58th St. (212-753-7300); 10–8.
- Models will informally showcase Louis Vuitton’s fall collection during a preview at Saks Fifth Avenue. 611 Fifth Ave., at 48th St. (212-753-4000); 1–4. Through 8.25
- Bring your current full-size eye cream to Bloomingdale’s and swap it for a free 0.5 oz. StriVectin Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles cream. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 504 Broadway, nr. Broom St. (212-729-5900). 10–8. Through 8.27
- Enjoy deals, gifts, games, music, and drinks and refreshments at Bloomingdale’s courtesy of Medea Vodka during its Fashionable Fundraiser for amfAR. At the end of the evening, Bloomingdale’s will make a minimum donation of $75,000. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 5–8.
- Chat with Theory designer Istvan Francer as he offers styling advice and shows off his favorite fall looks during an appearance at Bloomingdale’s. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6 p.m.
- Meet designer Sarah Healy as she presents her jewelry collection during a trunk show at Henri Bendel. 712 Fifth Ave., at 56th St. (212-247-1100); 10–8. Through 8.28
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Are you a self describe Gleek? If so, then you will love this story, not only does the hit Fox show have CD's, concerts and guest appearances, now it can add clothing line to the long list that will probably include dolls! A while ago, the shows genius creator Ryan Murphy announced that the show will be "collaborating with Macy's" on a collection. Well the time has come, this Sunday, August 15th the Glee collection will be in stores! If it's not your everyday style then it will make great Halloween costumes!
She is woman! Hear her ROAR! Diana Ross is La Joie de la Mode's Style Legend for the day. Ross was born Diana Ernestine Earle Ross on March 26, 1944 in Detroit, Michigan. Ross has done everything; She lead a famous girl group of the '60's, 'eased on down the road' with Michael Jackson in The Wiz, had her own doll and broke world records by becoming the most successful female music artist in history with a total of 18 American number-one singles: 12 as lead singer of The Supremes and six as a soloist. Legends like Diana Ross are not created in, they are born!