WHAT THE FASHION? Heel Condoms? So... I love the idea of this product! Although I think they could come up with more creative condom options, but the fact that you can get a whole new shoe for around $2o is fantastic! This product will make the perfect stocking stuffer, its "great for travel, easy to wear and protect heels from damage". What do you think?
Monday, November 29, 2010
One of my fashion idols, Fashion Editor of Marie Claire and Project Runway judge Nina Garcia tweeted this past weekend:
Delighted to announce that over the wknd we welcomed 8lb13oz Alexander DavidCongrats! We here at La Joie de la Mode wish you and your the best!
Conrod into our home! Baby is doing great & Lucas is thrilled!
British "It Girl" Alexa Chung has got a new show! Thrift America on PBS, features Chung traveling the world shopping for fashion treasures at flea markets, consignment shops and garage sales. The show, which is scheduled to debut summer 2011 will have the fashion industry all a buzz. Everyone, no matter where you live or how you dress, will find this show helpful and insightful. I'll be watching, will you?
- Head to the Tear Up the Pierre fund-raiser, which includes a cocktail party and fashion show featuring collections from Sean John, Akoo, Pelle Pelle, and Apple Bottoms. All proceeds will benefit the Robin Hood Foundation and the People Reaching Out to Someone Foundation. The Pierre, 2 E. 61st St., nr. Fifth Ave. (212-838-8000); 7–10. Purchase tickets (from $100) at pros.eventbrite.com.
- 2010 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree will be lit for the first time, with live performances and apperances by Mariah Carey, Charice, Sheryl Crow, Josh Groban, Jessica Simpson, The Radio City Rockettes and much more. From 7 to 9 P.M., at Rockefeller Plaza 49th Street btw 5th and 6th ave.
- Attend the DKNY holiday fashion show at Bloomingdale’s. Customers will receive special offers, styling advice from DKNY experts, and a photo session. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 4–7. Call 212-705-3971 to RSVP.
- Learn beauty tips and techniques from Bobbi Brown makeup artist Tia Hebron at Barneys. 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); noon–7. Call 212-833-2355 to make an appointment.
- Meet designer Monique Pean and shop her latest designs at Barneys. 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); noon–4.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Calling all fashionistas, do you miss the simple joys of life. If your anything like me, the answer is YES! The fabulous people (3 sisters, Rada, Jasmina, and Ljubica Radmanovic) at Color Me Trendy have created a coloring book for you or the fashionista in your family. For only $13, this coloring book filled with over 50 sketches and is the perfect gift or stocking stuffer for the aspiring designer or fashion lover in your family. Just ordered mine, what are you waiting for?
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall! From the eclectic mind of fashion photographer Tim Walker and the staff at Vogue India, today's picture of the day features supermodel Karlie Kloss in an editorial entitled 'Where Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops'. Styled by Jacob K, this November issue of Vogue is EGGSTORDINARY... (get it?? Yea, so that went well).
So... How should I start this off? A happy dance? You guys can't see that. Maybe I'll scream and shout? Nope, you guys can't hear that... So, I'll just say Yippee! Mr. Chanel himself is designing a collection for Macy's that will debut in stores and online September 2011. Although the collection will mostly be geared towards women do not be discourage males, Lagerfeld will also have a few items for you too! I can't wait for the long lines and the fashionista mobs. Having a small incite of what Lagerfeld could create, this collection will be nothing short of genius.
Do you missed the 80's? Are you addicted to 'Back to the Future'? If so, I have the perfect purchase for you! The people at Nike have created a limited edition (only 1000 pairs) dunk, for all you sneakerheads (is that one word or two??) out there. These limited editions pay homage to the classic DeLorean DMC-12. And for only $90, this collectors editions dunks can be yours... Happy Shopping!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
No... Say it isn't so! After the ultra fun and youthful label was saved from bankruptcy by mega corporation Steve Madden Ltd in October, it's CEO Susan Falk has decided to give one of my favorite brands an unnecessary makeover. Falk feels the brand is "too youthful" and believes that it alienates other shoppers. Screw the other shoppers, not every brand is for everyone! If you think Betsey Johnson too young, there is always The Gap...
Monday, November 22, 2010
This past Saturday, Alber Elbaz premiered his Lanvin for H&M collection in over 20 stores nationwide. Over 300 shoppers lined the mega-store's famous 5th avenue location, one patron actually wait over 10 hours to shop the famous designers discounted collection. Elbaz, was said to be panicky and feared that no one would show up... boy, was he surprised by the line he encountered when he arrived to meet his fashion-forward fans. Check out a few pieces from Lavin's H&M collection. Hope you enjoy.