I am soo glad to bring you an exclusive look into next month's Marie Claire editorial entitled 'A Woman Apart' which features one of my all-time favorite models Liya Kebede! You may reconginze this top model from her stunning H&M ads, covers of various magazines and strutting the runway for designers including Anna Sui, Roberto Cavalli, DVF just to name a few. In this editorial Kebede is styled by Laura Ferrara and shot by famed photographer David Roemer. Enjoy!
Sunday, January 30, 2011
- Stop by YSL’s spa event featuring its Temps Majeur skin-care products and receive a complimentary facial and hand massage in a private spa room. Customers will also get a free gift. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8. Call 212-705-2832 to make an appointment.
- Enjoy live bands, D.J. performances, food tastings, and a fashion show at the Great Bridal Extravaganza. More than 60 vendors will showcase floral arrangements, invitations, and other wedding essentials. Shoppers can win gift certificates, giveaways, or an eight-day vacation. Metropolitan Pavilion , 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-463-0071); 6–9:30. Register at greatbridalextravaganza.com.
- Celebrate Black History Month and the life of fashion icon Eunice W. Johnson at her traveling Ebony Fashion Fair at Macy’s. 151 W. 34th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-695-4400); M–T (10–9:30) Until 2.1.11.
- Get a complimentary mini-facial spa treatment with a $150 purchase of any SK II skin-care products at Bloomingdale’s. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–8. Call 212-705-2710 to make an appointment. Until 2.2.11.
- Stop by the Touch of Fabulous trunk show, featuring designers Anna Sheffield and Cacee Black. In Good Company Workplaces, 16 W. 23rd St., nr. Fifth Ave. (646-810-9195); 6–8.
- Meet actress Kate Walsh as she debuts her new fragrance, Boyfriend. Shoppers can line up at 10 a.m. for a wristband guaranteeing a spot. Sephora, 555 Broadway, nr. Spring St. (212-625-1309); 1–3.
- Browse clothing and textiles from 90 vendors at the Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show. Participating vendors include Amarcord Vintage Fashion, A Second Chance, and the Archives NYC. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-463-0071); F (1–8), S (11–6). Purchase tickets ($20) at manhattanvintage.com. Until 2.5.
- Stop by Opening Ceremony at the Ace Hotel to get a minx manicure by expert TracyLee. Manicures are $55 and customers can choose from a variety of colors, animal prints, metallics, plaids, and tie dyes. 1190 Broadway, nr. 29th St. (646-695-5680); noon–5. Call to make an appointment.
- Join Urban Girl Squad and Dermalogica skin-care experts to learn how to get healthy, glowing skin during the winter. Customers will receive personal skin-care analysis and tips, personalized samples, a product gift bag, and a gift certificate for a customized facial treatment. Dermalogica Soho, 110 Grand St., nr. Mercer St. (212-219-9800); 7–9:30. Purchase tickets ($22) at urbangirlsquad.com.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Wedding season is around the corner just in time for designer Vera Wang will release her affordable David's Bridal collection! With dresses starting as low as $600 and sizes ranging from 0 to 14, these dresses are sure to go fast. Reports show some women are buying these dresses without even being in a relationship. Ha! That maybe bit extreme, however I do understand; these are and will be collectors items. This collection has me hearing wedding bells!
Kirsten Hermans styles this dark photo series, with concept and photography from world reknown photographer Tejal Patni for the Splash brand. Enjoy!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Finally! An H&M online store is coming to a laptop, desktop and/or phone near you! What took so long, Europeans have had this delightful treasure for far too long! Say goodbye to long hectic lines, rude customers and searching far and wide parking! Just you, your jammies and credit card! Although, the e-commerce site wont be up in running until next year; die hard H&M fans will be waiting with open arms and open wallets! Will you be counting down the days?
Concurring music... Check! Fashion... Check! The world... Been there, done that! So, what's next for mega-star Lady Gaga? MAKE-UP! Yes, on February 17th Gaga will return as spokeswoman for M.A.C's Viva Glam collection. Starting at $14.50 for the basics, theses are sure to fly off the shelves and all for a good cause. 100% of the proceeds will go to the MAC AIDS Fund. Helping the less fortunate and looking glam? Count me in!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
The title says its all... "The Rise and RISE of Nicki Minaj". Styled by George Cortina and shot by photography duo Inez and Vinoodh for the 69th issue of V Magazine, Minaj seen in tribal paint embodies an African warrior and might we say she looks FAB! It seems like the now platinum selling artist is sitting comfortably at the top and we have to agree, she belongs there. Congrats Nicki! You deserved it!