I am loving former reality-star turned designer Lauren Conrad's new luxe line, Paper Crown. With the success of her inexpensive Kohl's collection, Conrad, this fall will be trying her hand at the ever growing affordable luxury category. This collection perfectly blends the iconic California girl style with the edgy Soho sweetheart look. I am so anxious to get my hands on this collection I am counting down the days until it is available to the public. Great job LC!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
It's simple, this nail polish cost just as much as the ideal college fund! Carefully hand-crafted in yellow gold with over 1,000 diamonds just in the handle alone; this extraordinary bottle with an ordinary gold polish cost $130,000! YES! $130,000! I love nail polish (everyone who knows me, knows of my collection) but to pay THAT MUCH! I would have to be sniffing the polish itself.
If deodorant and cologne is not enough for you; the people Otoko Kaoru have created the miracle shirt. With built-in "scent capsules" that releases when rubbed against the skin, this $35 collared shirt would be a great gift for a smelly friend (we all have one).
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
- Meet Carven designer Guillaume Henry as Alexa Chung hosts Henry’s first New York trunk show at Barneys. 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); noon–6.
- Join Parsons and Loomstate at “Zero Waste Denim”, an exhibit that showcases fashion design processes that produce no fabric waste. An opening reception will take place from 6–8 p.m.today. Parsons The New School for Design, 66 Fifth Ave., nr. 13th St. (212-229-8919); noon–6. Until Febuaray 23.
- Meet Tamara Mellon, founder and chief creative officer of Jimmy Choo, as she debuts the brand’s first signature fragrance at Saks. Customers can have a Jimmy Choo Eau de Parfum bottle signed during the event. 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 49th St. (212-753-4000); 12:30–1.
- Donate mildly worn suits and professional attire at the Dress for Success and Brightrize fashion show and fund raiser at District 36. Guests will have an opportunity to meet author Carol Roth and receive a copy of her latest book. 28 W. 36th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 5:30–9:30. Purchase tickets ($35) at brightrize.onefireplace.org.
- Stop by Bloomingdale’s Soho for the unveiling of its Fashion Is Art/Art Is Fashion window campaign, featuring the work of photographers Ron Contarsy and Delaney Bishop and artists Richard Alvarez and Nick Georgiou. Guests can also enjoy a presentation of the Marc by Marc Jacobs spring/summer 2011 collection. 504 Broadway, nr. Spring St. (212-729-5900); 6–8.
- Enjoy discounts, live music performances, and cocktails at the ValSecrets.com Valentine’s Day party, hosted by the Millionaire Matchmaker and Bama Belles’s Val Tignini. Swarovski Crystallized, 499 Broadway, nr. Broome St. (212-966-3322); 7–9. Call to RSVP.
- Attend a Valentine’s Day costume ball with Patricia Field at Capitale. The party features an open bar, and guests will have a chance to win a $4,000 shopping spree and other prizes in a costume contest. 130 Bowery, nr. Grand St. (212-334-5500); 10 p.m.–2 a.m. Purchase tickets ($100) at ticketweb.com.
- Shop for Valentine’s Day gifts at the Heart Boutique pop-up store, benefiting the American Heart Association. The shop will sell jewelry, clothing, and accessories from vendors like Judith Ripka, Saks Fifth Avenue, Regina Evans, and Van Cleef & Arpels. Townhouse, 10 W. 56th St., nr. Fifth Ave. (212-878-5918); 10–8.
- Receive a complimentary makeover and mini-facial during Space NK’s Valentine’s Day weekend special at Bloomingdale’s. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 11–7. Call 212-705-2772 to make an appointment.
- Learn beauty tips and techniques from Chanel regional artist Roberto Casey. Barneys, 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); 11–6. Call 212-833-2355 to make an appointment.
- Stop by Opening Ceremony at the Ace Hotel to get a minx manicure by expert TracyLee. Manicures are $55, and customers can choose from a variety of colors, animal prints, metallics, plaids, and tie dyes. 1190 Broadway, nr. 29th St. (646-695-5680); Noon–5. Call to make an appointment.