Photographed by Jason Kibbler for Teen Vogue, Glee's another boys (Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet, Darren Criss, Harry Shum Jr) are seen in their prom best! Hope you all enjoy!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Has it come to this? Unbelievable! First grader Samantha Shaw of South Dakota, got elective plastic surgery to prevent bullies from verbally and physically attacking her. In an interview with Good Morning America report Juju Chang, Shaw stated that although she has never been bullied but wanted the surgery so she wouldn't. During the interview, Shaw's mother quickly added "that others have made comments in front of Samantha -- with adults being worse than other kids -- but confirmed that the surgery was more preventative, so that her daughter wouldn't get bullied in the future." Shaw received the extremely painful and costly ear pinning surgery earlier this month. We all know that the bullying epidemic has reached it's highest however is bully prevention following suit? Let's hope not!
The British born fashion designer is having a BAD year. First, his drunken rant finds it's way to TMZ, the rant in which he declares his love of Hitler, "people like you would be dead. Your mothers, your forefathers would all be fucking gassed" referring to the group of Italian women he was talking too. Following his anti-semitic rant, Galliano was arrested and fired by fashion label Dior all in the same week! Just recently, Galliano was fired from his eponymous label. One of the most talented designer we've seen in a while, has dug himself into a hole so deep, he may never get out. To be continued...
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Meet jewelry designer Monique Pean and see her latest collection at Barneys. 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); noon–4.
- Stop by the men’s surf shop at Bloomingdale’s and browse exclusive items from Marc Jacobs, RLX Ralph Lauren, and Sea Bags. Customers can have purchased items customized by an artist from Dockers while enjoying the live music, food, and models. Proceeds benefit the Surfrider Foundation. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
- Stop by the Dylan & Rose spring 2011 collection pop-up shop and enjoy cupcakes, Champagne, and a 20 percent discount on the fashion line. Georgia Boutique & Salon, 89A E. Houston St., nr. Bowery (646-827-2428); 6–9.
- See the new spring collections at Bloomingdale’s and enjoy informal modeling, live music, and cosmetic consultations. Customers will receive a gift bag and a 25 percent discount with a purchase of $250 or more. 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 5–7.
- Attend the men’s skin-care happy hour at Dermalogica featuring complimentary treatments, refreshments, samples, and special discounts. Customers who bring a friend will receive 20 percent off all products and a complimentary travel bag. 110 Grand St., nr. Mercer St. (212-219-9800); 6–9. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Enjoy a complimentary facial with any beauty appointment at Sonya Dakar at Barneys. Customers will also receive a gift with a purchase of $175 or more. 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); 11–6. Call 212-833-2608 to make an appointment.
- Head to Saks to learn about men’s denim and shop for this season’s limited-edition jeans. Shoppers can customize their jeans with laser engraving, painting, and hemming. 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 51st St. (212-753-4000); 10–8.